2017 Chesapeake City Municipal Election – 3 Council Members Up for Election
Date and Location
Monday, June 5, 2017 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
North Side voting location is the Chesapeake City Volunteer Fire Hall, 215 Lock Street. South Side voting location is Town Hall, 108 Bohemia Avenue. Both locations are handicapped accessible.
Filing of Candidates
Any qualified person seeking to be a candidate for town council must file a certificate of candidacy at the Town Hall, 108 Bohemia Avenue, Chesapeake City, MD.
Candidates must have resided in the town for at least one year immediately preceding their election and shall be a qualified registered voter of the Town. A qualified citizen who wishes to file his or her candidacy for office must do so by no later than 12:00 pm May 5, 2017.
Qualification of Council Members:
Councilpersons shall have resided in the Town for at least one year immediately preceding their election and shall be qualified registered voter of the Town. Councilperson shall be required to take an oath of office in accordance with Section 26-91 and shall maintain a permanent residence in the Town during their term of office.
As prescribed by the Charter of the Town of Chesapeake City, Maryland, notice is hereby given that there shall be Voter Registration days April 7, 2017 through May 5, 2017 at Town Hall, 108 Bohemia Avenue during the hours of 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Is a citizen of the United States;
- Will be 18 years old by the date of the Town Election held on June 1, 2015
- Has resided in the State of Maryland for at least 30 days prior to the date of the election;
- Has resided within the corporate limits of the Town for thirty days preceding Town election;
- Is registered to vote in accordance with the provision of this charter or Maryland law and is not prohibited by law or constitution.
Further information may be obtained at Town Hall.
Phone (410) 885-5298; fax (410) 885-2515