The Town of Chesapeake City is seeking a Part-time Maintenance Technician.
Type of Employment: Part-time
Work Hours per Week: 32
Rate of Pay: Minimum Wage-$15/hr. Based on experience.
Supervisor: Mayor/Town Manager
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To provide custodial tasks in support of the beautification of the Town and maintenance of the Town’s infrastructure.
- Assist with litter pick-up (if you see it, pick it up).
- Assist with the mowing of grass, weed eating, pulling weeds, edging, mulching, pruning shrubs and trees, spraying weeds, and watering plants.
- Identify and report road hazards.
- Perform maintenance on drains and pot-hole repairs.
- Perform clean-up/removal of debris after storms as necessary.
- Install/remove signs.
- Assist Maintenance Engineer with special projects as necessary and as approved by the Town Manager/Mayor.
- Assist Maintenance Engineer with Water/Sewer Meter Readings and Repair.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Town Manager/Mayor.
- Post signs for projects/special events.
- Hand-out flyers for projects/special events.
- Assist with special events as necessary (may require occasional weekend and night work).
- Other duties assigned by the Town Manager/Mayor.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to operate tractors, light trucks, bucket truck, blowers, line trimmers, asphalt repair equipment, chainsaw, hand tools, computer, telephone, etc.
- Ability to perform basic maintenance on equipment (i.e. grease mowers, sharpen blades, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, plan schematics, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively and respectfully with coworkers, residents, property owners, visitors, contractors, etc.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to provide input into identifying and solving problems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through attainment of a high school diploma plus six to twelve months of general building and grounds maintenance or related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience are required. Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record. If employed, a copy of your driving record must be provided.
WORK ENVIRONMENT (Performance of the essential duties of this job requires):
- Regular exposure to the elements (weather).
- Occasional exposure to wet or humid conditions (non-weather).
- Frequent work near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasional work in high, precarious places.
- Potential exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
- Potential exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Potential exposure to risk of electrical shock.
- Frequent exposure to vibration.
- Frequent exposure toloud noises (examples: mowers, backhoe, jackhammer, etc.).
- Frequent heavy lifting required.