The Town of Chesapeake City is seeking a Part-time Maintenance Technician.
Type of Employment: Part-time
Work Hours per Week: 32
Rate of Pay: Minimum Wage-$15/hr. Based on experience.
Supervisor: Mayor/Town Manager
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To provide custodial tasks in support of the beautification of the Town and maintenance of the Town’s infrastructure.
- Assist with litter pick-up (if you see it, pick it up).
- Assist with the mowing of grass, weed eating, pulling weeds, edging, mulching, pruning shrubs and trees, spraying weeds, and watering plants.
- Identify and report road hazards.
- Perform maintenance on drains and pot-hole repairs.
- Perform clean-up/removal of debris after storms as necessary.
- Install/remove signs.
- Assist Maintenance Engineer with special projects as necessary and as approved by the Town Manager/Mayor.
- Assist Maintenance Engineer with Water/Sewer Meter Readings and Repair.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Town Manager/Mayor.
- Post signs for projects/special events.
- Hand-out flyers for projects/special events.
- Assist with special events as necessary (may require occasional weekend and night work).
- Other duties assigned by the Town Manager/Mayor.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to operate tractors, light trucks, bucket truck, blowers, line trimmers, asphalt repair equipment, chainsaw, hand tools, computer, telephone, etc.
- Ability to perform basic maintenance on equipment (i.e. grease mowers, sharpen blades, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, plan schematics, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively and respectfully with coworkers, residents, property owners, visitors, contractors, etc.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to provide input into identifying and solving problems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through attainment of a high school diploma plus six to twelve months of general building and grounds maintenance or related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience are required. Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record. If employed, a copy of your driving record must be provided.
WORK ENVIRONMENT (Performance of the essential duties of this job requires):
- Regular exposure to the elements (weather).
- Occasional exposure to wet or humid conditions (non-weather).
- Frequent work near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasional work in high, precarious places.
- Potential exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
- Potential exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Potential exposure to risk of electrical shock.
- Frequent exposure to vibration.
- Frequent exposure toloud noises (examples: mowers, backhoe, jackhammer, etc.).
- Frequent heavy lifting required.
The Honorable Mayor and Town Council of the Town of Chesapeake City
Cecil County, Maryland
GYF — Chesapeake City Elementary School SRTS
Sealed Bids for the construction of the GYF – Chesapeake City Elementary School SRTS will be received, by the Honorable Mayor and Town Council of the Town of Chesapeake City, at the Town Hall located on 108 Bohemia Avenue, Chesapeake City, MD 21915 until 3:00 pm. local time on Thursday May 27th, 2021, at which time the Bids received will be publicly opened and read. The Project consists of constructing approximately 450 linear feet of 5 foot wide ADA compliant concrete sidewalk and associated ADA ramps. As well as some striping, curb and gutter work, HMA paving and patching, installation of curb stops, installation of signs and posts, installation of catch basins and culverts, installation of ADA designated parking, and stone removal work to serve Chesapeake City Elementary School (See plans for details.) Bids will be received for a single prime Contract. Bids shall be on a unit price basis as indicated in the Bid Form.
Prospective Bidders may examine the Bidding Documents which include the Information For Bid package, the Plans, the Town’s Bid solicitation, all checklist items, and permits at the Issuing Ofﬁce on Mondays through Fridays during regular business hours, and may obtain copies of the Bidding Documents from the Issuing Ofﬁce as described below. Bidding Documents also may be examined at the Owner’s ofﬁce: The Town of Chesapeake City, 108 Bohemia Avenue, Chesapeake City, MD on Mondays through Fridays during regular business hours. They also can be viewed on the eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (EMMA) via https://emma.marvland. gov if needed.
The Issuing Ofﬁce for the Bidding Documents:
KCI Technologies, Inc.
1352 Marrows Road, Suite 100
Newark, DE 19711
Printed copies of the Bidding Documents may be obtained upon payment of $75.00 for each set. Checks for Bidding Documents shall be payable to “KCI Technologies”. Neither Owner nor Engineer will be responsible for full or partial sets of Bidding Documents, including Addenda if any, obtained from sources other than the Ofﬁces mentioned in this advertisement.
The project is ﬁmded by Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration. Contractors are directed to the requirements reﬂected in the Supplementary Conditions regarding compliance with construction utilizing these funds. Bidders are specifically notified that Federal prevailing wage requirements will apply. This contract is also subject to M/WBE requirements and all bidders must submit documentation of compliance at the time of Bid.
A pre-bid conference will be held at 3 :00 pm on Thursday May 13th, 2021 bid opening at the Town of Chesapeake City Town Hall, 108 Bohemia Avenue, Chesapeake City, MD 21915 Attendance at the pre-bid conference is highly encouraged but is not mandatory. An Addendum will be issued with minutes of the pre-bid meeting and any questions that were asked. If there are questions on the Contract Documents, please contact the Engineer in writing by 5:00 pm local time ten (10) days before bid opening. Bid security shall be furnished in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders. The Owner reserves the right to waive any informality and to reject any or all bids.
The Town of Chesapeake City is accepting letters of interest for purchase of Town property located at 90 Third Street Chesapeake City, MD 21915, map 043E, parcels 253 and 254. Please send letters to Town of Chesapeake City, 108 Bohemia Ave, Chesapeake City MD 21915 or email .
Please submit any questions in writing. Satellite image and SDAT information can be found at https://cecilmaps.org/.