Information for New Residents
Here is a list of useful information for new residents of Chesapeake City.
- Historic District Commission
If you live in the Historic District on the South side of town there are guidelines that must be followed with regard to exterior changes to your property.
- Residential Parking Permits for Historic District
Residents who live within the Historic District can obtain a residential parking permit. This will allow them to park in any residential parking space in the village center. This does not reserve a specific parking space. Residential Parking spaces are first come first served. A residential parking permit is $20.00. They can be obtained at Town Hall. You must present the following when applying for a Residential Parking Permit: A valid Maryland drivers license, Maryland vehicle registration, and proof of residence in the Historic District of town.
- Planning Commission
Planning commission meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month. If you are planning on any additions, building a deck, patio, cutting down trees, covering a driveway etc., please call Town Hall and we will let you know if you need a permit and explain the process.
- Snow Removal
Residents are responsible for the removal of all ice, snow and other obstructions from their sidewalks.
- Vehicle Registration
If you have recently moved to the area, you must register your vehicle with the State of Maryland within 30 days. Also, it is against town law to have any untagged vehicles in town.
- Town Meetings
Town meetings are held the second Monday of every month at 6:30 pm at Town Hall 108 Bohemia Avenue. Town Council Workshops are held on the fourth Monday of every month at 6:30 pm in Town Hall. The public is encouraged to attend.
- Trash, Yard Waste, and Recycling Collection
MPK Services is our trash contractor. The collection schedule is a follow:
– Monday – Yard Waste, please have all yard waste canned, bundled or bagged in a paper bag;
– Tuesday – Trash, please place trash in can provided by MPK Services, BUILDING/CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS WILL NOT BE PICKED UP;
– Wednesday – Recycling please place all recycling in a marked can, manageable bundle or in a paper bag. NO PLASTIC BAGS OF ANY KIND WILL BE PICKED UP!
- Bulk Pick-up
Please call MPK Services at 302-803.0282 to schedule a pick-up. This includes, but is not limited to, building/construction materials or large volume pick-ups.