News & Notices
The Town of Chesapeake City strives to keep all residents informed and up-to-date on all important matters impacting their lives here in our charming town. If there are announcements you feel are missing, please feel free to reach out to us at 410-885-5298 or contact us via our online form and mark the “I think an important announcement is missing from the website” box.
Our Latest News, Announcements & Notices
TO REVIEW A VARIANCE REQUEST FOR 209 BOHEMIA AVENUE.
Date & Time: Monday, November 25, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
Location: Town Hall
The Town of Chesapeake City has 2 openings on the Board of Appeals.
One opening is a seat on the committee and the other is an alternate seat.
If interested, please send a letter of interest to Valerie Walls at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town of Chesapeake City would like to THANK everyone involved with our Maryland Day to Serve Events. We had fantastic results for each event, starting with the number of attendees at our 9/11 Tribute Service. It was a wonderful tribute to everyone affected by the tragedy that took place on 9/11/2001. We also had several volunteers, who collected over 14 bags of trash, on our Townwide Clean-up Day.
The month-long Food, Clothing, and Toy Drive garnered 402 lbs. of Food, 1,120 lbs. of Clothing and Household Items, and 438 lbs. of Toys. These items were greatly needed by the CCEA! Thanks again to everyone who joined us in participating in the Maryland Day to Serve Program!
Date & Time:
- January 1, 2020 at 12:00 PM (Snow or Shine)
Registration & Warm-up:
- 10:30 AM, Bohemia Ave. (Between 3rd & 4th St.)
*NOVA TIMING CHIP SYSTEM TO BE UTILIZED BY RACES2RUN*
- $25 for pre-registration BEFORE Dec. 20, 2019
- $30 for registration AFTER Dec. 20, 2019
- $15 for kids 11 & under
*PRE-REGISTER BY DEC. 20 TO RECEIVE A COMMEMORATIVE SHIRT!*
- Register online at www.races2run.com
- Or in person at Town Hall of Chespeake City
*SORRY NO STROLLERS, ROLLER BLADES, DOGS, OR WEARING HEADPHONES*
- Please contact Race Coordinator Frank Vari 410-885-2161
Awards By Class:
- Overall Male & Female
- Top 3 Walkers Male & Female
- Age Groups by Male & Female
- 11& Under, 12-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-59, 70 & over
MPK Services has taken over our waste removal service.
- They delivered new trash cans in June. If you didn’t get one, please contact our office.
- Residents are responsible for their own recycling and yard waste containers.
- Recycling stickers are available at Town Hall.
The pick-up schedule remains the same:
- Monday – Yard waste pick-up
- Tuesday – Trash pick-up
- Wednesday – Recycling pick-up
The Town of Chesapeake City is pleased to provide this Annual Water Quality Report for the period of January 1 to December 31, 2018. This report is intended to provide you with important information about your drinking water and the efforts made by the water system to provide safe drinking water. The source of drinking water used by the Town of Chesapeake City is purchased ground water from the Artesian Water Company. A portion of Artesian’s Water Quality Report for 2018 is included, but the entire Report is available at www.artesianwater.com.
If you have any questions about this report or the quality of your tap water, please call Chesapeake City Town Hall at (410) 885-5298.