News & Notices
The Town of Chesapeake City strives to keep all residents informed and up-to-date on all important matters impacting their lives here in our charming town. If there are announcements you feel are missing, please feel free to reach out to us at 410-885-5298 or contact us via our online form and mark the “I think an important announcement is missing from the website” box.
Our Latest News, Announcements & Notices
The Planning Commission Workshop Scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. has been CANCELED!
The Town of Chesapeake City has an opening on the Board of Appeals Commission. If interested, please submit a letter of interest to Town Hall by Friday, September 27, 2019.
September 11, 2019 – October 11, 2019
The Town of Chesapeake City is proudly participating in Maryland’s Day to Serve for the 5th consecutive year.
- 9/11/19 – 10/11/19 – Donate food, clothing and new and gently used toys to: The Chesapeake City Ecumenical Association
- 9/11/19 – 9/11 Tribute Service at VFW Post 7687: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- 9/28/19 – Town-Wide Clean-Up Day throughout Chesapeake City Event coordinated by Councilman Frank Vari for both North and South sides of town. Please meet at Town Hall at 8:30 am.
For more information, please contact Town Hall at 410-885-5298 *https://daytoserve.org/*
Date & Time:
- January 1, 2020 at 12:00 PM (Snow or Shine)
Registration & Warm-up:
- 10:30 AM, Bohemia Ave. (Between 3rd & 4th St.)
*NOVA TIMING CHIP SYSTEM TO BE UTILIZED BY RACES2RUN*
- $25 for pre-registration BEFORE Dec. 20, 2019
- $30 for registration AFTER Dec. 20, 2019
- $15 for kids 11 & under
*PRE-REGISTER BY DEC. 20 TO RECEIVE A COMMEMORATIVE SHIRT!*
- Register online at www.races2run.com
- Or in person at Town Hall of Chespeake City
*SORRY NO STROLLERS, ROLLER BLADES, DOGS, OR WEARING HEADPHONES*
- Please contact Race Coordinator Frank Vari 410-885-2161
Awards By Class:
- Overall Male & Female
- Top 3 Walkers Male & Female
- Age Groups by Male & Female
- 11& Under, 12-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-59, 70 & over
MPK Services has taken over our waste removal service.
- They delivered new trash cans in June. If you didn’t get one, please contact our office.
- Residents are responsible for their own recycling and yard waste containers.
- Recycling stickers are available at Town Hall.
The pick-up schedule remains the same:
- Monday – Yard waste pick-up
- Tuesday – Trash pick-up
- Wednesday – Recycling pick-up
The Town of Chesapeake City is pleased to provide this Annual Water Quality Report for the period of January 1 to December 31, 2018. This report is intended to provide you with important information about your drinking water and the efforts made by the water system to provide safe drinking water. The source of drinking water used by the Town of Chesapeake City is purchased ground water from the Artesian Water Company. A portion of Artesian’s Water Quality Report for 2018 is included, but the entire Report is available at www.artesianwater.com.
If you have any questions about this report or the quality of your tap water, please call Chesapeake City Town Hall at (410) 885-5298.
Town of Chesapeake City Elections (3 Open Seats)
Frank Vari – 111 Votes
Ed O’Hara – 99 Votes
Randy McLennan – 87 Votes
Carolyn Blevins – 79 Votes